Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hop on!

the BANDWAGON effect: the observation that people often do things because many other people do the same.


I've decided to hop on the blogging bandwagon mainly because I wanted a forum to share my new passion for photography. Since the wedding, I have become mesmerized by the artistic, creative and beautiful memories photographers create, and wanted to see if I could learn to recreate them myself. I have no idea where this passion will take me, but I am 100% devoted to learning this new trade and I am excited to see where it will take me. My wonderful husband chipped in, and helped me purchase the Nikon D40. It's an entry-level SLR, and so far, I love it. There really is a difference between point and shoots and SLR cameras. Now by no means, do I claim to be an expert, but hopefully as this journey unfolds I will learn more about the skill that has captured my attention over the last few months. I'm starting a 6 week Photography class after Labor Day at Santa Monica College, and I am both Blessed and thrilled to be able to pursue something that gives me such motivation! Welcome to my blog!