Thursday, August 14, 2008

Farmer's Market Thursdays

Thursdays are my favorite day at the office because I know I'll get to walk over to the farmer's market on my lunch break. What a special treat to have a farmer's market right smack dab in the middle of an office park. I'm sure that not many people outside of California can say this.


I love that most of the nation's crops are grown in California, because that means fresher, better fruits and veggies for me. The City of Oxnard, CA, is known for its deliciously sweet and juicy strawberries and has been called "the strawberry capital of the world." Who knows if it really is; but I like to think so. Every year they hold a strawberry festival which I have yet to attend, but I hear you can get things ilke Strawberry pizza and strawberry beer there.



So for whatever it's worth, Thursdays have a special meaning to me and I very much appreciate being able to pick up some fresh ingredients for dinner while walking around sampling all sorts of peaches, pluots, figs, strawberries, watermelon, peanuts, hummus, cobbler and popcorn!



Oh yeah, and the flowers are really pretty, too!