Sunday, November 9, 2008

Trojan Time

Saturday, Shant and I were invited to the USC game by our friend Art. We were so excited to go, but getting there was some of the most stressful 2 hours of my life! It's nice to still be able to tailgate and go to college football games, since I am so far away from my alma mater, and USC happens to be my West Coast team. Don't worry Deren, the Dawgs are still my number 1, and if I had to choose, I'd always go back to my roots.
Here's Shant with Art, our ticket master. By the way, that's not a peace sign, that's the Trojan "fight on" hand signal or whatever you call it!


One of the highlights of Trojan tailgating is when the band marches through campus past all of the tailgaters pepping everyone up for the game. It's like a parade, and it's such a great idea! I desperately wanted to get pics of it, but there were soo many people. Shant actually put me on his shoulders, but I wasn't in a good spot. Here are a couple.





Thought she was cute.



Love this one of Shant. He was being goofy and throwing nuts in the air and catching them in his mouth. All I really cared about was the beautiful sunlight behind him.



Yeah, My hubbs is pretty hot!







And now on to the game. Apparently Art had a little mixup and invited another couple to the game, so he ended up buying 2 additional tix last minute. Unfortunately, they were a little high up in the endzone, so we spent the first quarter with bloody noses. ;-) Here's the view from up above.





Art text messaged Shant towards the end of the first quarter and said come on down to where his season tix are, because the two seats next to him were empty. Much Better!



We had some pretty intense fans sitting around us, including this guy who sat next to Shant. I told him to be careful, for fear that he might get stabbed. You know what I mean??



Art. Awesome guy.



Then I snapped some pics of random people. I love using a shallow depth of field.



This one was interesting to photograph.





And lastly, a pic my hubby took of yours truly! I don't really like giving up my camera anymore :-)