Friday, September 5, 2008

The Sunshine/Hurricane State

This past weekend, I had the joy of trekking down to Destin, Florida where we surprised my Mom for her 60th birthday. It was so much fun and such a blessing to be with my family. I didn't take as many pictures as I had anticipated, but here are a few from the weekend. This is my Mom expressing her excitement for the next hour after we arrived.


My Uncle Tuffy succeeding at his attempt of being "worst dressed" on the beach.



The first couple days were beautiful with calm Gulf waters.



My cousin's son, Ryland whose favorite words are "NO" and "BE NICE!". Too cute.



My Wonderful Aunt Judy getting some beach time in.



This picture says it all.



My beautiful Mother.




The day we flew in was Mom's actual birthday, so we took her out to dinner at Old Bay Steamer in Ft. Walton. Really good food Here's one of the best pictures ever of Mom & Dad. I love it.



The best family I could ever ask for! My cousins with Mom & Aunt.



Can you even believe she is 60? I have the most gorgeous Mother on this earth! Amazing cake, too, and oh so tasty.



We forgot the candles.



Let's call her "Mabel."



The next day at the beach, a few randoms of some cute kids playing.







Last day at the beach as Gustav was approaching. It was still beautiful!





It's not fair that you're 60 year old mother has this kind of body!



Our last night we had our typical blue crab & shrimp cookout at the house. My Uncle playing with his food.



My Dad & Cousin playing with their food. The crab clamped onto my Dad's shirt and wouldn't let go, so they had to break it's leg. I threatened to call animal cruelty on them.



I'll leave you with some Crab Art.