Sunday, October 12, 2008

Carrot Cup-cakes

Shant and I were sitting in Porto's bakery-cafe yesterday, and my itch to bake something became stronger. One of my favorite types of cake is carrot cake, so I thought what better item to bake-in cupcake form? I really didn't have any occasion to bake for, so I told Shant that I was making them for Church. I have to come up with some excuse or else he'll give me grief..why? because, when I bake, he tends to eat it all..in one sitting! And, he's watching his figure. Nowadays, baking is twofold: to eat of course (or let others eat) and to take pictures of to practice my shooting! What better than to combine my two favorite hobbies?? Here are a cup-le pics ;-)


By the way, they turned out really moist and they are from a Cooking Light recipe..so they are somewhat low-fat. I'll link the recipe at the end of the post.





Topped some with a little toasted coconut.



Link to the recipe. And, I did make a few modifications, as I usually do. Added crushed pineapple and chopped pecans to the batter. Doubled the recipe. And didn't use as much powdered sugar that the frosting called for, as it tends to be too sweet. And if it's too sweet for me, you know it's too sweet!